Re: [ksurfschool] Should a new kiter take lesson?

  • Pam S.
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
      Lessons are a must Hung. I took a half day lesson(and this was after kiting all last winter on the ice.) and think that is a bare minimum. In my short time in the sport I have gotten in trouble and have seen some others do the same. Trouble is, it is hugely addictive and sometimes this affects our decision making. I shutter to think of the potential for serious injury. I love your kitesurfing school and read everything I can get my hands on. I always think safety first.

      Keep up the good work.

      Tom
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
        Hi there, This is my first post!! horay!!!

        I purchased a kite and thought this should be a laugh, watching
        everyone else made it look quite easy. Well nearly gave myself
        whiplash first time!!!

        Brought some DVD's and all the mags, but booked myself a lesson,
        while my other half watched me!! and not only did I have a to-die
        for instructor, it made me more confident and much more aware of
        saftey etc.

        Even though it was UKĀ£100 and we only got 1/2 day wind I cannot wait
        to do my 2 day course...just need the weather here in England!!!!

        Thanks for all the info, great group.

        And would recommend a lesson for anyone.
        Regards,
        Tx