Re: [ksurfschool] Should a new kiter take lesson?

  • Remtgnow@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
      Absolutely lessons should be taken.
      How many? who should give the lessons?
      I think it depends on the student. I've seen very few people who could
      progress without a minium of 2 lessons. without lessons, how can you even guess
      the things that can go wrong?
      Take a lesson. Your instructor should feel confident enough to tell you that
      you need more lessons.
      Phil Burke

    • Pam S.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2004
        Lessons are a must Hung. I took a half day lesson(and this was after kiting all last winter on the ice.) and think that is a bare minimum. In my short time in the sport I have gotten in trouble and have seen some others do the same. Trouble is, it is hugely addictive and sometimes this affects our decision making. I shutter to think of the potential for serious injury. I love your kitesurfing school and read everything I can get my hands on. I always think safety first.

        Keep up the good work.

        Tom
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 28, 2004
          Hi there, This is my first post!! horay!!!

          I purchased a kite and thought this should be a laugh, watching
          everyone else made it look quite easy. Well nearly gave myself
          whiplash first time!!!

          Brought some DVD's and all the mags, but booked myself a lesson,
          while my other half watched me!! and not only did I have a to-die
          for instructor, it made me more confident and much more aware of
          saftey etc.

          Even though it was UKĀ£100 and we only got 1/2 day wind I cannot wait
          to do my 2 day course...just need the weather here in England!!!!

          Thanks for all the info, great group.

          And would recommend a lesson for anyone.
          Regards,
          Tx