Re: What makes new kites better?

  • hungvuatnetcomdotca
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 12, 2004
      Can't tell what I am demoing yet as they may make more changes...

      I think newer material also make some differences as the kite may be
      slightly deformed when well used.

      I'm planning to be at Surf Expo next week-end, will Ivan be gone by then?

      Hung.

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, George Sarris
      <jakefarley2000@y...> wrote:
      > If I were to guess at what makes them better it would
      > be the design. I don't think the material would make
      > that much of a difference. Also, what kite did you
      > demo?
      >
      > George
      > --- Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
      >
      > > Just flown a demo 2005 kite yesterday.
      > >
      > > It is much better than 2002, 2003 kites and
      > > definitely better than my
      > > "old" 2004 kites.
      > >
      > > So what make new kites better: new, better design or
      > > simply new marterial?
      > >
      > > Hung.

      > Shop for Back-to-School deals on Yahoo! Shopping.
      > http://shopping.yahoo.com/backtoschool
    • mopman365
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 13, 2004
        How were the 2005 kite better? Range/lift/safety/depower?
      • hungvuatnetcomdotca
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 13, 2004
          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "mopman365" <andrem@c...> wrote:
          > How were the 2005 kite better? Range/lift/safety/depower?

          For this particular one:

          Range: Slightly better than or same as 2004, for sure better than
          older kites

          Lift: Better when jumping

          Safety: More of a function of the bar & safety system unless you want
          to say that since a kite can depower more, it is safer

          Depower: Insane depower. Better than 2004, for sure better than older
          kites

          Responsiness: Very responsive

          Hung.
        • George Sarris
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 13, 2004
            Based on the latest forecast track Ivan should be
            hitting the Florida panhandle near Panama City well
            clear of Orlando. By Friday Ivan should be in Alabama.

            For loads of information about Ivan visit
            http://www.crownweather.com/tropical.html

            Enjoy the expo,
            George

            http://mail.yahoo.com