What it takes...

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2004
      The sport has matured drastically in the last few years, there are tons
      of information available for us to get kiting acceptable by the local
      authorities:

      1- Kiters to manage kiting risks and become less paranoid (need to act
      cool and in control - keep posting those techniques to make kiting safer

      2- Manufacturers to take a safety stand behind their products (quite a
      few already did)

      3- Schools to take a stand behind their teaching methodoly and ensure
      that the students will be "not dangerous to oneself or the others" at
      the end of the course (isn't this why the students should take lessons
      instead of learning by themselves???).

      These will portrait a more control, reponsible kiting community...

      I actually predict that kiting will be accepted globally as kiters,
      manufacturers and schools will join force to get respect from the local
      authorities.

      P.S., Yesterday, a windsurfer died while windsurfing near our local spot
      in 30 to 40 knots wind (2 hours away). My condolence to his friends and
      family. Windsurfing is not a dangerous sports but accidents will happen;
      so will be kiting.