Kiting is a series of small gains - here's a big one for me...

  • ex_cpe
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2004
      I spent more than half of a 3 hour session looking somewhere, other than at the kite. I
      can typically do a couple of sines without looking, but yesterday I seemed to be able to
      'feel the kite', as I have often heard described by my betters. You can feel the power pulse
      in the bar and at the harness. (..is seeing it in your periphery cheating?)

      The conditions were only about 8-9kts, reasonably steady in the ocean and required
      amost 100% movement of my 16M North to get my 85 kilos activated. Needless to say, or
      perhaps not to a newbie; you do not need to keep your eye on a kite that is well parked in
      a steady breeze that has you up on a continous plane...

      In order to not stur confusion, 'feel the kite' is often heard in the context of jumping where
      the kite is well overhead. You are in trainng for a carrier deck landing and your attention
      needs to be focused on where to spot the landing, not with your neck hyper extended
      looking at the kite. ...but that's a subject perhaps Hung can better illuminate.

      Jim