Re: [ksurfschool] question about riding and setting up a chicken loop

  • jakob Thegerström
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2004
      Hi Tom!

      I went from fixed loop to chicken loop a year ago and
      I can tell you that it's normal that you find it
      tricky in the beginning!
      I always ride fully depowered while cruising and only
      sheet in when I'm loosing speed (while edging too hard
      upwind) or when I'm performing a jump. However I think
      this depends a lot on your equipement... (I ride a
      flysurfer foil which you can depower and power up a
      lot). (Then you sheet in you slow down the kite so it
      falls back in the powerzone and hence you got more
      power)
      Once you get used to the way riding with the chicken
      loop you'll love it. It's way more easier to go upwind
      and adjust your speed! Hope this helps a little!

      /Jakob

      --- Thomas George DeMille <tdemille@...> skrev:
      ---------------------------------
      Hi, I wonder how people like to ride with the chicken
      loop. I have mostly used my pulley bar and
      am just starting to use my new slingshot chicken loop
      bar.

      I guess what I am driving at is this. Is the best way
      to ride powered up and you sheet out when
      you are hit with a gust, or is the best way to ride
      depowered and you pull the bar towards you
      when you want more power? Or do you kind of split the
      difference? I am finding that the chicken
      loop adds a 4th dimension to riding that is a bit
      tricky.

      Tom

      =====
      ~~~~~~~_\\|//_