Fixed loop and chicken loop (WAS Re: Any experience with the Naish V4)

  • hungvuatnetcomdotca
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 23, 2004
      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, Bill Torreyson <btorreyson3@y...>
      wrote:
      > So when would you use the other loop attached to the
      > bar?

      There are 2 schools of thought in kitesurfing riding styles: fixed
      loop riding and chicken loop riding style.

      Chicken loop riding style is probably the most popular style as it
      allows a kiter to adjust the power of the kite instantaneously (like
      in windsurfing). Chicken loop riders are normally permanently
      connected to the chicken loop or shackled in. With most modern kites,
      the bar pressures are so low that one probably don't need a fixed loop
      (I haven't used my fixed loop for ages when I'm in the chicken loop)

      Fixed loop riding style is prefered by a another group of riders (most
      pioneer kitesurfers and wakeboarders). fixed loop riders normally use
      a trim strap to adjust the power of the kite and rely on edging skill
      to handle the gusts. Fixed loop riders normally hook in while riding
      and do both hooked and unhooked jumps/tricks.

      Both styles have their advantages and disadvantages. An all-around
      kitesurfer may want to learn and be comfortable with both styles...