Board shape and size

  • Ciro Bigongiari
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2004
      Dear friends,

      I have a 8.4 RRD kite and I have already made some practice
      with it on the beach.
      Now I would like to start kitesurfing.
      I need a board and before buying one I would really appreciate your
      advices about shape and size.
      I'm about 5.5 feet tall, and 130 pounds.
      The usual wind in the spots close to my home is about 8-10 knots.

      Thanks and Goodwinds !

      ciro
    • hungvuatnetcomdotca
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2004
        Under 10 knots is pretty light. You may want to have a large board
        around 158 to 169 for bidirectional and 6'6" to 7'6" for directional
        (and in the future, get some larger kites).

        Hung.

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, Ciro Bigongiari