Re: [ksurfschool] Harness adjustment and setup

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2004
      Hi Sara
      Waist harnesses are not generally favoured by begginers, male or female. The reason is that they tend to ride up, regardless of brand, and having the spreader bar reasing and rubbing on your lower ribs is uncomfortable to say the least and potentially dangerous (broken ribs if you fall forwards on it).
      Women also complain of their chest/breasts getting pinched bruised.
      Pro-limit make a complete range of "PureGirl" harnesses in seat and waist, so do Dakine, their models are called "wahine".
      If you can meet up with any other kitesurfers or windsurfers they will be able to show you how to rig your PL waist harness, but maybe you are better to return it and get a womens seat harness?.
      What kite did you get?

      www.kitepower.com.au

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17, 2004
        On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 9:30pm, Kite Power (Sydney) wrote:
        > What kite did you get?

        I got a Guerilla 2, 13m... The size is daunting! But then, the 4m
        Flexifoil Blade seemed impossibly huge the first time I saw it too.

        I'm probably going to find a seat harness. It is supposed to rain
        tomorrow, so it would be a good day to visit the (not so) local shops
        and see what I can try on.

        Sara
      • Kite Power (Sydney)
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 17, 2004
          Definately try stuff on, before you buy, make sure you get some lessons with the G2, it flies very differently to the Blade, completely different launch and landing techniques, don't crash it in the water it can be hard to get back up.

          www.kitepower.com.au