KITEBOARDING ON LAKE WINNEBAGO, WISC

  • wvc304
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 13, 2004
      Does anyone know of any kiteboarding shops or instruction available
      on Lake Winnebage in Wisconsin, in Oshkosh, FonDuLac, etc ?

      Thanks

      Bill

      kennywek@...
    • ex_cpe
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 14, 2004
        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "wvc304" <kennywek@a...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know of any kiteboarding shops or instruction available
        > on Lake Winnebage in Wisconsin, in Oshkosh, FonDuLac, etc ?

        ........I don't live in Wis any longer, but there seems to be a helluva good instructor - Bob
        Hmmmm - based in Madison (probably the only one in the North Midwest!)...and then a
        crew out of Racine/Kenosha.

        You are reaching to expect to find a shop selling anything besides cheese curds, brats and
        propeller-topped hats around Oshkosh. ...there were also reports of someone up in Door
        County, but I'd head to Madison.

        jim
      • kennywek@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2004
          Jim,

          Thanks for your reply. I was going up to Oshkosh for the Air Show and I
          thought I'd try some kite boarding on Lake Winnebago if there was time.

          Bill

        • hink_trent
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14, 2004
            Hi Bill,
            Talk to Kevin at Windpower in Calumet, His windsurfing shop is just
            across the street from a nice park with shallow water in the lake:
            just NE of Fon Du Lac I think it is on HWY 155.

            I am not sure if he gives lessons but I beleive he carrys Naish
            kiteboarding equipment.

            I know two instructors here in Milwaukee who might possibly be
            interested in giving you lessons up there, as long as you weren't
            planning on doing it this comming weekend - a bunch of us are going
            up to Door County to ride that weekend and they plan on going as well.

            --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "wvc304" <kennywek@a...> wrote:
            > Does anyone know of any kiteboarding shops or instruction available
            > on Lake Winnebage in Wisconsin, in Oshkosh, FonDuLac, etc ?
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Bill
            >
            > kennywek@a...
          • hink_trent
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 14, 2004
              Just looked at a map and the windpower shop is in Taycheeda, not
              calumet. It is just a few miles outside of Fon Du Lac on hwy 151.

            • kennywek@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 16, 2004
                Thank you for the reply

                Bill