Learning in the Raleigh, NC area

  • roomies2nc@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2004
      I am new to Kitesurfing and live in the Raleigh, NC area. I just
      bought a 7m F-One kite and board package. We have several Lakes
      near my house and I am eager to go try this kite out on land before
      taking it to Atlantic Beach. The kite came with VERY vague
      directions on setting up and launching. Anyone live in the Raleigh
      area and willing to show a brother where to start??!! I am willing
      to pay someone to show me the ropes before I drive 2 hours to the
      beach search out lessons, and not even know how to setup the damn
      thing! Any help would be appreciated!

      Ahmed
    • DeniseSEWA@Aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2004
        In a message dated 6/21/2004 3:12:47 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
        roomies2nc@... writes:
        I am new to Kitesurfing and live in the Raleigh, NC area. I just
        bought a 7m F-One kite and board package. We have several Lakes
        near my house and I am eager to go try this kite out on land before
        taking it to Atlantic Beach. The kite came with VERY vague
        directions on setting up and launching. Anyone live in the Raleigh
        area and willing to show a brother where to start??!! I am willing
        to pay someone to show me the ropes before I drive 2 hours to the
        beach search out lessons, and not even know how to setup the damn
        thing! Any help would be appreciated!

        Ahmed
        If you havnt done so already, go on Ebay and buy a small trainer with a bar
        ( not straps ) that will give you a good start in understanding the basics ,
        the F-1 should be set up 3 or 4 line mode, sorry I dont live closer, I;d be
        happy to help, Please know that the F-1 can easily lift you in fairly light winds
        so be carefull ( meaning dont try it alone) and get a trainer, you'll be glad
        you did, the slingshot B-2 is one of the best in my opinion.
        Denise

        http://hometown.aol.com/denisesewa/index.html