Waist vs. Seat Harness

  • dlewis1223
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2004
      I really don't like the whole idea of waist harnesses after reading
      this...
      "..waist harness (that was tightly secured) was yanked up under my
      rib-cage resulting in cracked rib..."
      FULL STORY:
      http://www.ikiteboarding.com/kitemare_detail.aspx?id=48
    • ex_cpe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2004
        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "dlewis1223" <dlewis1223@y...> wrote:
        > I really don't like the whole idea of waist harnesses after reading
        > this...
        > "..waist harness (that was tightly secured) was yanked up under my
        > rib-cage resulting in cracked rib..."
        > FULL STORY:
        > http://www.ikiteboarding.com/kitemare_detail.aspx?id=48

        ........I have, and use, both. I am not deductive to tell you why, but I actually quite like my
        DaKine Pyro waist vs. my D-K seat (forget name - current model). It has plenty of support
        and a gut pad. End of session; I do find it up higher than when I started.

        My initial logic was: "the lower the hook - the better the leverage", but somehow, beyond
        my ability to express, that does not seem to make much difference?!

        I would not be totally directed by Kitemares. Just because some guy in flip-flops and no
        helmet lays down a Katana at 90mph - it doesn't mean clip-on's are more dangerous than
        ape hangers.

        Don't get too comfortable; it's always dangerous. Sometimes: MUCH more so.

        Jim