kites size vs body weight

  • Thomas George DeMille
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28 4:47 AM
      I see a lot of discussion of kite size but don't see mention of wind speed all the time. The kite
      size vs. body weight is completely dependent on the wind. I was flying with a 4 meter kite last
      month in 35 knot winds. In 12 knot winds I need an 18.

      Point being if you are talking about kite size you need to talk about wind speed.

      The 200 pound guy with the 9 meter kite, I would imagine that would be a good kite for you in
      winds over 22 or so...

      -=tgd=-

      =====
      ~~~~~~~_\\|//_
      ~~~~~~~(.O-O.)
      ~~~oOO0~~(_)~~00o~~~~~~~~~~
      Thomas DeMille, Boston MA 617-512-8674
      **RENT MY VACATION HOMES**
      Caribbean Cabana: http://roatan.islandrentals.org
      Marthas Vineyard: http://mv.islandrentals.org

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • Bill Torreyson
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28 10:54 AM
        you are right we are forgetting it's a few variable
        equation. I guess us beginners are trying to keep it
        simple but it's not all that easy.

        Which is why this group is good for us.

        http://messenger.yahoo.com/