7m f-one shadow rigging

  • waynehkd
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2004
      Hi,

      I purchased a used 7m f-one shadow foil. The kite did not come with a
      manual. Does anyone have any idea where I could purchase a manual? I
      have a problem with the rigging. I thought this kite could be flown
      as a 2 line or 3 line. I tried rigging it as a two line hooking the
      main bridles (red attachments) to my bar lines. The kite would
      inflate but would not lift off the ground at all. I know I had plenty
      of wind. But there was no response to the bar movements at all. There
      are two (blue) lines that are attached to the lower bridles on the
      kite that are currently (loosly) attached to the main bridle
      attachment points(red). Are these the brake lines?(the blue?) and
      where should they be attached to. This is how the kite was packed so
      I assumed that would be how it would fly. Does anybody have any idea?
      I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you very much.

      Scott
    • Mark Pronk
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2004
        Scott,

        On my website's forum i've seen some people talking about the shadow.

        One thing is for sure: even when flying it in 2 line mode (if possible)
        it needs the brakes attached somewhere i reckon.

        Maybe you can crosspost this Q there and who knows, someone may kick in!

        Have fun!

        Mark
        Happy kiting, whatever you fly!
        http://foils.nl <http://foils.nl/>

[...]

        To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
        To subscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

        click here
        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129bl3728/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
        oups/S=1705100963:HM/EXP=1084465180/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://
        companion.yahoo.com>

        s/S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=473464028>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • pkivikink
        Message 3 of 3 , May 13, 2004
          Scott,

          Here is a link that may help you with your rigging.

          http://xtremebigair.com/kitesurfing/foneSTWsetup.htm

          Also, if you need manual try contacting Laure (laure@...)
          at F.One. She is very friendly and helpful. Just explain your
          dilema, and she can likely provide you a PDF of the manual or send
          you a hardcopy via snail mail. Hope this helps.

          Paul.