Re: [ksurfschool] Absolute beginner

  • jakob Thegerström
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11 11:36 PM
      If you can, get a 2 line stunt kite (or better a small
      foil kite), and fly it as much as you can before your
      lessons. By doing this you'll understand the behavior
      of a kite in the wind window and save valuable time
      for the expensive kite lessons.

      /Jakob

      (Before I started with kitesurfing I had a stunt kite
      for about a year. It helped me a lot the first time I
      tested a "real" tube kite. No crashes or dangerous
      flies in the power zone...)

      --- toddy_dorset <sctodd@...> skrev:
      ---------------------------------
      Going to have my first kitesurf lesson on sunday
      (16th), don't surf,
      windsurf or kite! Anyone got some useful tips?

      answers
      to the most frequently asked questions.

      To unsubscribe, please send an email to
      ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
      To subscribe, please send an email to
      ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

      Terms of Service.

      Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor på adressen http://se.docs.yahoo.com/travel/index.html
    • Iain Wood
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12 3:07 AM
        On 11 May 2004, at 21:31, toddy_dorset wrote:

        > Going to have my first kitesurf lesson on sunday (16th), don't surf,
        > windsurf or kite! Anyone got some useful tips?

        Yeah, listen very hard, especially when you get your safety talk from
        your instructor. And don't expect to get too far in one lesson. With a
        bit of luck you should get as far as body-dragging. If you do you will
        almost certainly be hooked :-)

        Oh, and if you can get a go on any 2 line kite before then that will
        help. Even something tiny. Your local toystore might have something..

        Iain