Re: [ksurfschool] Absolute beginner

  • Remtgnow@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2004
      safety first!
      pay attention!
      have fun!
      quit your job!
      leave your wife!
      phil b.

    • jakob Thegerström
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2004
        If you can, get a 2 line stunt kite (or better a small
        foil kite), and fly it as much as you can before your
        lessons. By doing this you'll understand the behavior
        of a kite in the wind window and save valuable time
        for the expensive kite lessons.

        /Jakob

        (Before I started with kitesurfing I had a stunt kite
        for about a year. It helped me a lot the first time I
        tested a "real" tube kite. No crashes or dangerous
        flies in the power zone...)

        --- toddy_dorset <sctodd@...> skrev:
        ---------------------------------
        Going to have my first kitesurf lesson on sunday
        (16th), don't surf,
        windsurf or kite! Anyone got some useful tips?

        answers
        to the most frequently asked questions.

        To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
        To subscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

        Terms of Service.

        Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor på adressen http://se.docs.yahoo.com/travel/index.html
      • Iain Wood
        Message 3 of 5 , May 12, 2004
          On 11 May 2004, at 21:31, toddy_dorset wrote:

          > Going to have my first kitesurf lesson on sunday (16th), don't surf,
          > windsurf or kite! Anyone got some useful tips?

          Yeah, listen very hard, especially when you get your safety talk from
          your instructor. And don't expect to get too far in one lesson. With a
          bit of luck you should get as far as body-dragging. If you do you will
          almost certainly be hooked :-)

          Oh, and if you can get a go on any 2 line kite before then that will
          help. Even something tiny. Your local toystore might have something..

          Iain