Absolute beginner

  • toddy_dorset
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2004
      Going to have my first kitesurf lesson on sunday (16th), don't surf,
      windsurf or kite! Anyone got some useful tips?
    • Chris Glazier
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2004
        > Going to have my first kitesurf lesson on sunday (16th), don't
        surf,
        > windsurf or kite! Anyone got some useful tips?

        Buy an instructional video. One of the best for beginners is Boost
        II and there are others.
        Have fun.

        C. Glazier
      • Remtgnow@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 5 , May 11, 2004
          safety first!
          pay attention!
          have fun!
          quit your job!
          leave your wife!
          phil b.

        • jakob Thegerström
          Message 4 of 5 , May 11, 2004
            If you can, get a 2 line stunt kite (or better a small
            foil kite), and fly it as much as you can before your
            lessons. By doing this you'll understand the behavior
            of a kite in the wind window and save valuable time
            for the expensive kite lessons.

            /Jakob

            (Before I started with kitesurfing I had a stunt kite
            for about a year. It helped me a lot the first time I
            tested a "real" tube kite. No crashes or dangerous
            flies in the power zone...)

            --- toddy_dorset <sctodd@...> skrev:
            ---------------------------------
            Going to have my first kitesurf lesson on sunday
            (16th), don't surf,
            windsurf or kite! Anyone got some useful tips?

            answers
            to the most frequently asked questions.

            To unsubscribe, please send an email to
            ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
            To subscribe, please send an email to
            ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

            Terms of Service.

            Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor på adressen http://se.docs.yahoo.com/travel/index.html
          • Iain Wood
            Message 5 of 5 , May 12, 2004
              On 11 May 2004, at 21:31, toddy_dorset wrote:

              > Going to have my first kitesurf lesson on sunday (16th), don't surf,
              > windsurf or kite! Anyone got some useful tips?

              Yeah, listen very hard, especially when you get your safety talk from
              your instructor. And don't expect to get too far in one lesson. With a
              bit of luck you should get as far as body-dragging. If you do you will
              almost certainly be hooked :-)

              Oh, and if you can get a go on any 2 line kite before then that will
              help. Even something tiny. Your local toystore might have something..

              Iain