Re: [ksurfschool] East Coast - Interested in Learning

  • KarabaszJP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18 7:44 PM
      I know Extreme Windsurfing has 3 PASA instructors and with safety first. I
      would highly recommend them

      Cheyne

    • Mark Leng
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22 10:29 PM
        Does anyone have any experience with the Liquid Force Tension kites and
        bars? I'm new to kite surfing and am considering buying the following
        package to get started:
        * 2003 Liquid Force Tension Kite 12.5m
        * Carbon Control Bar w/ kite leash
        * 4 spectra kite lines - 27 meter
        * heavy duty double action pump
        * Expandable kite bag
        * Liquid Force Truth board with Scandal plate bindings and 4 fins
        * Dakine Urethane Board Leash
        * Liquid Force Waist Harness
        * Stainless Steel harness Spreader Bar
        Typically, I'll be using the kite in 12-15 knots. Any feedback and/or
        tips would be appreciated regarding performance, durability, quality
        etc.
        Thanks,
        Mark

      • Cal Bode
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23 8:00 AM
          I have Liquid Force Tension kites. I have only used them once or twice and haven't had much experience in kiteboarding. I guess they are harder for beginners to learn due to the high aspect ratio of the kites-meaning they are very responsive and difficult to relaunch. You should check out their website for kites and wind condition matching up- you probably want more than one kite for starting out. How much would you spend on everything?

          I think these kites are economical and sturdy. Just make sure that everything is in good working order when you get them. I bought mine brand new, but one of my kites had a hole in the strut and one of my sandal bindings had a buckle that was broken.

          The sandal bindings are nothing special- I bought them for cheap and I got what I bought.

          Make sure they give you repair kits. Hope this helps.

          TENSION WIND CHART
          KITE SIZEWIND SPEED
          ---------------------------------
          6.025 - 50 knots8.015 - 35 knots10.010 - 25 knots12.509 - 20 knots16.505 - 16 knots20.503 - 14 knots

          Mark Leng <mdleng@...> wrote:
          Does anyone have any experience with the Liquid Force Tension kites and
          bars? I'm new to kite surfing and am considering buying the following
          package to get started:
          * 2003 Liquid Force Tension Kite 12.5m
          * Carbon Control Bar w/ kite leash
          * 4 spectra kite lines - 27 meter
          * heavy duty double action pump
          * Expandable kite bag
          * Liquid Force Truth board with Scandal plate bindings and 4 fins
          * Dakine Urethane Board Leash
          * Liquid Force Waist Harness
          * Stainless Steel harness Spreader Bar
          Typically, I'll be using the kite in 12-15 knots. Any feedback and/or
          tips would be appreciated regarding performance, durability, quality
          etc.
          Thanks,
          Mark

        • p.j.
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24 2:41 PM
            www.thekitehouse.com in puerto rico is open, so if you are just looking to ride or to impove some tricks, come on down.

            Great for beginners looking to get over the learning curve!

            Warm water, direct flights from everywhere, WIND.........bring the 12

            aloha Paul Menta