cabrinha powerlock bar

  • shepster01
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2004
      Please will soneone tell me how to rig and set up this bar.
      I am new to kitesurfing but I decided to give it a try, so I bought
      a north2 14m plus this bar. After beig dragged down my local beach
      in cumbria I decided to try and get somehelp.
      I know how to fly four line kites and can windsurf so I thought it
      would be easy to put the two together no way at the moment
      please help
      Shep
    • Chris Glazier
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2004
        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "shepster01"
        <shepjacieolly@a...> wrote:
        > Please will soneone tell me how to rig and set up this bar.
        > I am new to kitesurfing..

        Shep
        The Cabrinha powerlock bar is like any other 4 line bar except it
        has the ability for you to lock the chicken loop in a fixed poition.
        I suggest you leave the lock clip off at first and don't use this
        feature. It should work fine with the North kite.

        Be sure all 4 lines are roughly equal length when the chicken loop
        and adjustment strap are set for maximum line length.

        Connect the center lines to the kites leading edge (with the
        bladder). Then connect the bar outside lines to the kites trailing
        edge tips.

        You may have to fix up the connections since the North uses
        male/female knots to prevent connecting the lines wrong. I am not
        sure if Cabrinha uses the same.

        Try to find an experienced kiter to check your setup before flying
        it.

        C Glazier
      • ex_cpe
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004

          > Try to find an experienced kiter to check your setup before flying
          > it.
          >
          > C Glazier

          Shep: The last sentence is the most important. This setup could easily kill you in the
          wrong conditions. And it's not the kit - it's your lack of expirence/judgement at this
          stage. You got a ton'a power!

          I have the same rig for my Rhino 16. It is perfect for those nice even days where you don't
          need a lot of power/depower. Lock in and cruise....

          First: play safe. Then have fun.

          Jim