Re: [ksurfschool] Digest Number 1047

  • rhein
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2004
      Hello,
      I'm not an expert but since I started just a few months ago alone... I
      know some people think it is a bad idea...
      I'll tell you what I did...
      I played a lot with my kites to get used to them (5m and 7,2m frenzy)
      far away from the water (about 300 km ;-) ) and with absolutely nobody
      around me except my dog and about 200 goats.
      After a few weeks I tried being pulled in a river (it was refreshing)...
      Summer ends and winter comes.
      Since I'm a really good snowboarder (I don't even remember what a ski
      lift is...)it was with absolutely no problem that I started snowkiting.
      2 remarks:
      Usually a beginner has difficulties to evaluate the room he needs around
      him! I would say "what you think is ok is not enough"!
      Don't try to launch your kite in a standing position, it is easier and
      more fun with your butt in the powder and with less risk to be dragged
      all over the place looking like a snow plow! :-D
      Well this is my experience in a country where kiting is unknown... almost!
      bye
      Christophe