RE: [ksurfschool] Another relaunch problem

  • Farnsworth, Kenny
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2000
      I have had better luck with my AR5's in gusty conditions than my Wipika Free
      Air. The AR5 tends to twist less. I actually prefer to use my 15.5 in
      super gusty conditions over my 11.0 Wipika Free Air. That may sound crazy,
      but I hate sitting around during lulls. I would rather have to crank hard
      on my wakeboard, fly the kite upwind, and have my kite sheeted out during
      big gusts than slog around. The 15.5 has become my favorite kite because it
      goes upwind so well when you are in the trim loop. I rode it this morning
      in 15 - 20 mph winds. Near the end of my session the wind lightened to
      around 12, no problem just get out of the trim loop and keep sailing. One
      of my windsurfing friends told me, "Good friends, don't let friends rig too
      small."