Getting Bigger Air

  • Sam Morgan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2004
      I've been skulldragging myself enough and have moved up in the world
      to conquering the almighty jump and the odd landed backflip which
      pleases me immensly :)
      My question is, how can I get higher jumps? I fly a North Rhino 16m
      usually in a pretty good breeze, about 14-16knots, but I find I can
      only get super high jumps when I launch off a wave or jump in the
      middle of a strong gust. Is there a secret technique? Do you have to
      be really moving to get higher?
      Any comments would help greatly,
      Cheers,
      -Sam
    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2004
        Hi Sam
        Try steering away from the kite - upwind with the board, just as you steer the kite back. Make sure you are going as fast as you can, when you do this, and wear your brown undies, it will work!
        www.kitepower.com.au

        I've been skulldragging myself enough and have moved up in the world
        to conquering the almighty jump and the odd landed backflip which
        pleases me immensly :)
        My question is, how can I get higher jumps? I fly a North Rhino 16m
        usually in a pretty good breeze, about 14-16knots, but I find I can
        only get super high jumps when I launch off a wave or jump in the
        middle of a strong gust. Is there a secret technique? Do you have to
        be really moving to get higher?
        Any comments would help greatly,
        Cheers,
        -Sam

        http://www.nod32.com

      • Chris Glazier
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 16, 2004
          Let me add that you may want to steer downwind toward the kite at
          first to buid up speed then steer upwind as described below:
          Chris G

          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"