Light wind LEI???

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2004
      I never believe in a light wind LEI as most would not launch and crash
      easily in very light wind.

      I went to the kitesnowboarding wonderland this afternoon and the wind
      just died completely as soon as I completed rigging the kite.

      Out of desperation, I launched the LEI (in condition that I don't think
      my super light foil XXXL would launch). To my surprise, the kite just
      launched and flew very very well (just as or better than any foil
      would). I even managed to cruise around with my snowboard with the kite
      (such a small kite) in very light wind (wind that you don't even feel on
      your face).

      The GlobeRider Lift 12 (so small kite for the condition) is the only
      2004 LEI I have tried so far and I do hope that all 2004 LEIs to have
      the same characteristics. I now will add "light wind LEI" to my
      vocabulary.