3 hours kitesnowboarder

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2004
      I had an excellent session with a student today and at the end of the 3
      hours session he was cranking upwind like an expert kitesnowboarder.

      The session goes like this: 1 hour on trainer kite, 1.5 hour on a small
      3.5 foil and the last .5 hour on a full size 6 m foil.

      We managed to go over all aspect of kitesnowboarding including the
      "dropping the bar" reflex.

      Learning kitesnowboarding is much much safer than kitesurfing as you can
      walk out to the middle of NOWHERE and learn from all your mistakes
      without hurting yourself or anyone else (watch out for the instructor
      thought - he is the only one around you that may get hurt)

      I would recommend kitesnowboarding/kiteskiing as the first kiting sport
      for one to learn before learning kitesurfing (remember the graduation
      model ;-). It's just so safe, so much fun (the fun start much earlier
      than kitesurfing) and you can learn from all of your mistakes before
      graduate to the more DANGEROUS kitesurfing. Also, once you are a
      kitesnowboarder, you can kitesurf upwind just naturally...

      P.S., There are so much currently wasted space where one can
      kitesnowboard/kiteski, no limit to where you can launch or land and go
      (I actually walk out to the kitesnowboarding spot and "travel" around
      with the kite bag as my backpack)....