Re: [ksurfschool] Building Boards

  • jakob Thegerström
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2004
      Hi!

      I've just finished my second ply board! Depending of
      what kind of conditions you ride in I suggest:

      In light-medium-strong winds: 145-150cm x 38-42cm
      board
      In very strong winds: 120cm x 30-35cm board

      Use 2 6mm gaboon ply. Do not use any glass between the
      ply plates, it does NOT provide any reinforcement (If
      you want to use glass you have to put the glass on the
      surface of the board). I suggest that you don't use
      any glass at all. Just use epoxy between the ply and
      on its surface. It'll be solid as rock ;) belive me!
      Be careful with the epoxy, it's toxic -> use
      protection.
      I have used 2 fins on the edging side(2cm deep 8cm
      wide). Cut the board edge at 45 degrees. Place the
      fins near the tip/edge of the board.

      good luck!

      /Jakob

      --- surfinglooksfun <surfinglooksfun@...>
      skrev:
      ---------------------------------
      I am planning to build myself a wake board style, twin
      tip board
      using two layers of marine ply, whith a layer of glass
      in the middle
      for strength, and then resin to seal it. I don't
      know what
      dimentions or camber to put into the board tho. Does
      anyone have any
      suggestions? I am 5'8" and have just started out, but
      don't want to
      make the board too big so it can kinda progress with
      me.

      Also does anyone have any suggestions with regard to
      number and
      position of fins?

      mucho appreciado,

      answers