How cold can you kite???

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
      I am planning to kite tomorrow in -25C to -30C in around 10 to 15
      knots. The wind chill will be around -35C to -40C.

      How cold have you been out???

      Hung.
    • George Sarris
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
        Hung, Where do you live? The North Pole?? That's way
        too cold. I'm getting hypothermia just thinking about
        it. Besides, if there aren't any leaves on the trees
        to tell me how much the wind is blowing, I stay home
        where it is nice and warm. :)

        Regards,
        Jake

        --- Hung Vu <hungvu2000@...> wrote:
        > I am planning to kite tomorrow in -25C to -30C in
        > around 10 to 15
        > knots. The wind chill will be around -35C to -40C.
        >
        > How cold have you been out???

      • Rick Howe
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2004
          Are those minus signs - like below zero??
          I am planning to kite tomorrow in -25C to -30C in around 10 to 15
          knots. The wind chill will be around -35C to -40C.

          How cold have you been out???

        • Petri Karjalainen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2004
            Been out only between -20..-25C (dont recall wind chill) with a
            skiido helmet on to protect the face and was swetting. Good luck -
            hope you wear a balaclava and a lot of vaselline ?

            Rgds,
            Petri

            --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
            > I am planning to kite tomorrow in -25C to -30C in around 10 to 15
            > knots. The wind chill will be around -35C to -40C.
            >
            > How cold have you been out???
            >
            > Hung.
          • windsurfwoody
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 9, 2004
              I was out the other day in -42C (with the wind chill). After about 2
              hrs, I was soaked with sweat, and not cold one bit, until I stopped
              of course :)

              Woody

              --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Petri Karjalainen"