Snowkiting: Thank you

  • Christophe Rhein
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2004
      Thank you for your answers about lauching the kite...

      I tried and it worked well... I found it very easy to learn...
      I explain:
      I live in Turkey and far from the sea so I ordered my kites about 6
      month ago and started slowly alone behind my house (I live in the
      mountains near Ankara)... I spend about all the time practicing with
      different sices of kites ( 2,5 bullet, 5m frenzzy ozone and 7m ozone)
      I did also traction swimming in rivers (that was fun)
      And know I started snowkiting and it was great! I'm really good on a
      snowboard so I did not have to look at it... At Erciyes ski ressort
      (that's for the guys living in Turkey:-)is a dam perfect for kiting and
      for the moment I'm alone there!
      One last thing...
      I think it must be easier then on water because you are not sinking when
      you fell in the water. Yes or no?
      Bye
      Christophe

      Subject: Re: Snowkiting!

      Christophe,

      I use K2 Clicker bindings instead of straps because they are easier
      to handle. However, straps work just fine. The best method for
      launching an Ozone Frenzy is to put your snowboard on BEFORE you
      launch the kite. This can be done by laying out the kite downwind
      (unless you are launching in heavy wind and then you should do a
      side launch and put snow on the side edge of the kite) and putting
      snow on the trailing edge. Straighten out your lines. Put on your
      snowboard. Hook into the chicken loop. Pull on the center leader
      line to get the kite to make a "wall" or in other words to inflate
      the kite. Push the bar away from you and the kite should lift up
      gently.

      Kenny

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, Christophe <RheinAndCo@i...>
      wrote:
      > Hello,
      > I tried for the first time my Ozone Frenzzi kite with a
      snowboard... It
      > was like I expected... Great :-)
      > But Is it not easier to use surf straps instat of the snowboard
      > bindings? It was not simple to get ready quickly by strong wind...
      > does some one have a trick to get started fast enough; taking out
      the
      > kite, fixing the bindings ...
      >

      > Bye and Merry Christmas from Turkey
      > CHristophe

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Un mot doux à envoyer? Une sortie ciné à organiser? Faites le en temps
      réel avec MSN Messenger! C'est gratuit! http://ifrance.com/_reloc/m