Re: 10M lines?

  • hungvu2000@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2003
      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, wetstuff@f... wrote:

      > > On the other hands, following are the problem with shorter lines:
      > >
      > > - Harder to jump as there is less extra power from the kite
      > > - Harder to get on the board from water
      >
      > ............Hung: You are making good sense as usual, but this is
      the only point I do not
      > grasp from one sentence. Elaborate please for us simple-minded.

      The shorter line limits the wind window sphere (the distance the kite
      can travel - therefore shorter the time the kite can accelerate -
      before getting to the edge) it therefore limits the amount of extra
      force you can generate by moving the kite when jumping or getting on
      the board from the water. This phenomenon also makes kiting with
      shorter lines somewhat safer.

      With a normal kite size for the condition, it would be very hard
      getting on the board with 10m line and jumping with 15 m line.

      Shorter line is probably more desirable with an oversize kite and some
      pumping technique.