Deadman safety system!!!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2003
      When I first learned kitesurfing back in 1998, I did extensive research
      on power kite safety system.

      Back then, the consencious was that one needs a deadman safety system in
      powerkiting to make it a safe sport.

      With current kites, if one hooks in, the deadman safety system becomes
      inoperable (unless one can make a 100% depowerable kite as I am trying
      to build right now - "the chicken loop is the safety leash" objective).

      Since 1998, I have read, heard, seen, many serious, fatal accidents in
      kite sport that could be avoided if one follows the golden "deadman
      safety" rules.

      P.S., When Peter Lynn had his accident at SBBB 2003, was he hooked in???