The amazing 4 seasons sport!

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2003
      I was born in a tropical country with more than 2000 km of coastal
      beachese.

      For better or worse, I ended up in Canada in the last 30 years.

      Kiting is the amazing 4 seasons sport that make me love being in Canada
      more than any othe place on earth (the changing of season and the
      changing of media - water .vs. snow - keep the sport fresh in me twice
      every year).

      P.S., Some may argue that kiting is a deadly sport, but it is only
      deadly when you are hooked in (this makes the deadman safety system
      inoperable). So if you are concerned about safety, unhook as often as
      you can, the risk becomes very manageable...

      Hung.
    • fernmanus
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hung,

        I agree, kiting is a great 4 season sport. This year I found a
        location to snow kite that has a hill and deep powder. I can
        honestly say it is more fun than kite boarding on the water. The
        hill adds a whole new dimension to the sport. It reminds me of the
        first time I went kiteboarding on waves. There is so much more to
        think about because the slope of the hill affects the speed of the
        board, timing and distance of jumps, etc.

        Kenny

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, Hung Vu <hungvu2000@r...> wrote:
        > I was born in a tropical country with more than 2000 km of coastal
        > beachese.
        >
        > For better or worse, I ended up in Canada in the last 30 years.
        >
        > Kiting is the amazing 4 seasons sport that make me love being in
        Canada
        > more than any othe place on earth (the changing of season and the
        > changing of media - water .vs. snow - keep the sport fresh in me
        twice
        > every year).
        >
        > P.S., Some may argue that kiting is a deadly sport, but it is only
        > deadly when you are hooked in (this makes the deadman safety
        system
        > inoperable). So if you are concerned about safety, unhook as
        often as
        > you can, the risk becomes very manageable...
        >
        > Hung.
      • (no author)
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2003
          VEN A KITE CLUB LES DESEA UNA FELIZ NAVIDAD Y UN PROSPERO AÑO NUEVO!!
          VEN A KITE CON NOSOTROS 2004!
          NOS VEMOS EN EL AGUA!!

          Lissette Rojas
          VEN A KITE CLUB®