Re: [ksurfschool] Trainer kite discovery

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 20, 2003
      Its too laTE! :-))))))
      www.kitepower.com.au

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Rick Howe
      To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 5:14 PM
      Subject: Re: [ksurfschool] Trainer kite discovery

      Cal,
      Quit before it is too late!! It's the worst kind of addiction! I started like you and now have 5 LEIs and just bought my 6 th bi-directional and I'm still looking for more stuff! I've friends that are worse than me! I'm 65, fly every day, and don't see the end of this addiction. Maybe cold turkey - is there a kiteaholic organization? Help!
      Try to get help and save yourself now!!

      Rick

      Ps - Here's launch #3 (my favorite) - put the kite on its back with the top down wind. Put sand on the bottom of the kite - pull the kite toward you and ....

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
        Snowblades are great for jumping, but they require much more energy
        to edge than a pair of skis.

        If you have never skied or snowboarded, skis are far easier to use.
        For a couple reasons. If you fall forward on a snowboard (easy to
        do) you will either have to fly the kite overhead and literally jump
        to your feet or take off the board and put it on again. Skis are
        more stable and you can edge more effectively.

        Snowboards are excellent for jumping and in powder conditions. On
        flat hard surfaces, skis are preferable.

        Kenny

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, Andre Ethier <skiwithandre@y...>

        _