Up Up and Away... ish!

  • Steve Warner
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2003
      HI all,

      Had my new kite up in the air on Sunday at Perranporth Beach,
      Cornwall UK. Its the first time I have had a kite bigger than a
      dustbin lid up in the air ever and WOW what an experience.
      The wind was pants and the kite kept on stalling [its a 12m Aermaxx]
      but to see such a huge canopy rise into the air so gracefully was
      immense!
      I know some of you would say that I need tuition first but I was
      well away from the water and any obstacles and there were other
      kitesurfers/boarders around if I was to get into any kind of flap.
      My family were there too and to see their faces as the kite rose
      really gave me a buzz.
      Suffice to say, if it had been blowing anything more than it had I
      would not have even attempted to launch.

      So, WOW, FAB, YIPPEE and MORE MORE MORE!

      I'd love to know if there are any other Cornish members who are also
      new to this? If so fancy getting together as they do say safety in
      numbers!

      Steve...