Re: Recovering a dropped bar?

  • TheYellowJersey
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2003
      I couldn't tell from your email if you are using a safety leash or
      not. If you are, a trick I learned was to attach the safety leash to
      the board while I swim down the line to the bar. This keeps the
      safety line tensioned so it doesn't wrap around the bar since the
      kite will go downwind faster than the board. I then swim back to my
      board, making sure the lines don't get tangled (It helps to fully
      depower your chicken loop). I've succesfully relaunched my kite
      several times using this technique. Before using it I almost always
      had lines wrapped around the bar making the kite un relaunchable.

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, matt nuzzo <realkiteobx@y...>