Re: [ksurfschool] Not a Cornwall kiter, yet.

  • Steve Warner
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2003
      Hi John,

      Well its not warm here John but the surfing and more importantly the kitesurfing goes on pretty
      much all year round come rain or snow. You will be very pleased to know that there is the main
      extreme sports beach 1/2 a mile from St Mawgan. Heres the online address for you to check it out.

      http://www.watergatebay.co.uk/sport/index2.htm

      Take care and good winds,

      Steve W...

      --- John <jjscanlon13@...> wrote:
      ---------------------------------
      Aloha, Steve

      I am not living in Cornwall yet, but will be transfering to St
      Magawan near Newquay in January. Currnetly I am living in Seattle,
      Waashington, where I have been using my Slingshot B3 to pull my on
      my mountain board. Just got a 10M slingshot and a board, but it
      seems all the people who normally give lessons up here have fled to
      warmer climates for the winter. SO I to will like some more lessons
      but will have to wait till I get settled in over there.

      John
      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, John Douglass
      <johnny_douglass@y...> wrote:
      > Alright Steve
      > You may be the first english kiter I've seen on here! There's
      certainly lots to read though!!

      > I'm based in Bristol, so may see you down in Devon/Cornwall
      eventually. I haven't got any kit yet (well, no kite anyway...) but
      had a couple of lessons in NZ earlier this year. I've got another
      lesson around Bristol somewhere at beginning of Dec. I organised it
      through Bristol kite shop, and we'll probably be around Weston super
      mare, S Wales, N Devon. Not so close to you I know but hey, it's
      the same country!!

      > I'd be interested to know if you find a posse down that way.
      Would be useful contacts as I hope to spend some time down that way
      into next year. I also need kit, but will probably only be able to
      afford a 2nd hand kite!!

      subscribe@egroups.com

      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/