Re: [ksurfschool] waterfoil and rhea from advance

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2003
      Hi Santalia
      The size choice is right due to your weight. Luffing is when the kite collapses/falls forward/downward either at the edge of the wind window, at the side or above you, in the death zone.
      What other kites did you try?
      The Rhea with depower is probably a better and safer option, but I think it costs a bit more.
      If you are aware of what stops the waterfoil inflating properly -stuck valves, and you clear them before, launching, and then swoope the kite from side to side they do fill fairly quickly.
      It is possible to have an experienced dealer fit a satisfactory safety system to a waterfoil, my advice is do not buy from someone who cannot pd this for you and is prepared to test the system and show you how it works.
      www.kitepower.com.au

      Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:29:36 +1000
      From: "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@...>
      Subject: Re: Peter Lynn waterfoil 2.4

      Hi
      What did you want to use it for? Do you have other kites? How long have
      you
      been flying kites?
      How much do you weigh?
      They are powerful for their size, however they have no depower ability,
      and
      do not come with safety sytems. The design is a bit dated, can be hard
      inflate, and are prone to luffing in the hands of an inexperienced
      flyer.
      If you want a kite for kitesurfing let us know, you will see their are
      a lot
      of other recommendations that are probably better suited ot the job
      these
      days.
      www.kitepower.com.au

      This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
      http://www.nod32.com