beginner board needed

  • lonnngislandny
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2003
      hi all --- i am on long island in the plumb beach area and have
      started kiteboarding. i have all of the equipment except the board.
      i am looking for a twin tip with foot straps to start off on. i have
      gone over budget with everything else and my wife is upset. so i can
      not spend $700 on a brand new board. if any of you have a board
      that you are not using anymore please let me know. i dont mind
      driving to get it either.
      you can just respond or email me direct at --- cell2more@...

      thank you
      tim
    • hungvuatnetcomdotca
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 20, 2003
        Try DIY wood boards:

        http://web.media.mit.edu/~saul/zeroprestige/boards.htm
        http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/board.htm

        I am not sure whether you can learn on those but it may worth a try
        especially if you can't afford one.

        Hung.

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "lonnngislandny"
        <lonnngislandny@y...> wrote:
        > hi all --- i am on long island in the plumb beach area and have
        > started kiteboarding. i have all of the equipment except the board.
        > i am looking for a twin tip with foot straps to start off on. i have
        > gone over budget with everything else and my wife is upset. so i can
        > not spend $700 on a brand new board. if any of you have a board
        > that you are not using anymore please let me know. i dont mind
        > driving to get it either.
        > you can just respond or email me direct at --- cell2more@h...
        >
        > thank you
        > tim
      • jakob Thegerström
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 20, 2003
          Or try a plywood board with rocker! I learnt with this
          board this summer and it cost around 70 to 90 USD to
          build!

          http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~f95-jth/

          /Jakob

          --- hungvuatnetcomdotca <hungvu2000@...>
          ---------------------------------

          <lonnngislandny@y...> wrote:
          > hi all --- i am on long island in the plumb beach
          area and have
          > started kiteboarding. i have all of the equipment
          except the board.
          > i am looking for a twin tip with foot straps to
          start off on. i have
          > gone over budget with everything else and my wife is
          upset. so i can
          > not spend $700 on a brand new board. if any of you
          have a board
          > that you are not using anymore please let me know.
          i dont mind
          > driving to get it either.
          > you can just respond or email me direct at ---
          cell2more@h...

          > thank you
          > tim

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

          answers
          to the most frequently asked questions.

          To unsubscribe, please send an email to
          ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
          To subscribe, please send an email to
          ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

          Terms of Service.

          Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor på adressen http://se.docs.yahoo.com/travel/index.html
        • caljbode
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 21, 2003
            Does anyone know about the Cabrinha Sonic for kitesnowboarding?

            Does anyone have one for sale that I could buy?

            Thanks,

            Cal Bode
          • caljbode