Need information's about buying kite board!

  • Domen
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2003
      Hi,

      I have just purchased Aero II 16 m2 and I own also older Wipika LTR
      12 m2. I need some information on what kind of kite board I should
      buy for the equipment that I have now (mostly for Aero II). I own one
      directional 2m long old board that was and is used for learning but
      now I would like to buy something better but still good for some
      learning! I am thinking on bidirectional?

      Thanks for advises and answers.

      r.

      domen
    • Chris Glazier
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2003
        Hi Domen
        Most people now are riding twin tips. You will eventually want a
        board under 145cm in length but you could go a bit bigger if you are
        a beginner. Do not go above 160cm or you will outgrow it quickly.

        From your kite sizes I gather you have light winds so your board
        should be at least 37cm wide. Don't go too much over 40cm width or
        you may have trouble doing things like toeside riding.

        Most shops have big boards that they would like to get rid of, but
        the trend is to smaller lighter gear.

        Chris Glazier

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Domen" <domen_rojnik@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have just purchased Aero II 16 m2 and I own also older Wipika
        LTR
        > 12 m2. I need some information on what kind of kite board I should
        > buy for the equipment that I have now (mostly for Aero II). I own
        one
        > directional 2m long old board that was and is used for learning
        but
        > now I would like to buy something better but still good for some
        > learning! I am thinking on bidirectional?
        >

        > Thanks for advises and answers.
        >

        > r.
        >
        > domen
      • Hein van Swaay
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 14, 2003
          Take a look at www.Impact3D.com
          We're a board manufacturer in the
          Gorge. Our Spunge BOB 137 is a
          great board for learning and
          progressing and falls right in
          line with the advice given below.
          Quite affordable too!

          Let me know what you think!

          -Hein van Swaay

        • kennywek@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2003
            Hi Chris,

            I am a beginner in this sport and am trying to learn about equipment
            before buying it. I appreciate your comments about boards.

            Bill Kenny
            kennywek@...