Re: [ksurfschool] Is "One pump" patenable?

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2003
      Steve,
      Sounds like it has all the qualities that are needed.
      It appears that some good thought was put into
      developing the "One Pump". In particular, I
      appreciate that the leading edge bladder cannot be
      inserted with a twist or cannot develop one and that
      it appears that the struts can be isolated. You've
      convinced me it is a sound design and probably worth
      patenting. I have not seen the "One Pump". Are they
      one the market yet? Or is Bruno waiting for his
      patent?

      Regards,
      George

      --- "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@...>

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2003
        HI George
        Been a little busy, the new SS kites with one pump are on the market, I think it is only the Fuel 2004 model that has it at this stage.
        I do not know whether it would be patentable, I am not really very familiar with patent process.
        I doubt that Bruno could get anything from SS for this idea.
        They will be available soon from our Geelong store.
        www.kitepower.com.au

        wrote:
        > Hi George
        > I was sceptical about the SS one pump until I saw
        > one, the connectors are easily removed and can be
        > individually blocked off.
        > The LE bladder removes like any other kite, it is a
        > very smart design, as the baldder cannot be inserted
        > with a twist, and cannot develop a twist.
        > The way the struts attach to the sail is unique too,
        > and will definately improve flight characteristics,
        > watch the other big names follow some of the ideas
        > in this design!
        > There is no way you can blow up an ordinary kite as
        > fast as the one pump, regardless of having an
        > electric pump.
        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > www.kitepower.com.au

        http://shopping.yahoo.com

        This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
        http://www.nod32.com

      • Steve Warner
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 14, 2003
          Perhaps if you can't get it patented you can still
          sell the idea to someone!

          S..
          --- "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@...>
          ---------------------------------

          wrote:
          > Hi George
          > I was sceptical about the SS one pump until I saw
          > one, the connectors are easily removed and can be
          > individually blocked off.
          > The LE bladder removes like any other kite, it is
          > very smart design, as the baldder cannot be
          inserted
          > with a twist, and cannot develop a twist.
          > The way the struts attach to the sail is unique
          too,
          > and will definately improve flight
          characteristics,
          > watch the other big names follow some of the ideas
          > in this design!
          > There is no way you can blow up an ordinary kite
          as
          > fast as the one pump, regardless of having an
          > electric pump.
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > www.kitepower.com.au

          the
          > answers

          > ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
          > To subscribe, please send an email to
          > ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

          Yahoo!
          > Terms of Service.

          > removed]

          The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product
          search
          http://shopping.yahoo.com

          answers
          to the most frequently asked questions.