Re: [ksurfschool] Is "One pump" patenable?

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 10, 2003
      If the intent is to save time inflating, I recommend a
      portable battery powered air pump (Sports Air). I
      pumped up my 21.5 m2 BT yesterday in about 3 minutes
      (all bladders). I had to top them off with the hand
      pump to get the necessary rigidity. I personally
      would not pay a premium for such a kite. Additionally
      I would be leary of a one bladder kite as I have had
      some problems in the past with leaks and it would be a
      hassle getting the whole bladder out to repair it and
      then getting it back in, unless the "links" from
      bladder to bladder were easily detachable and
      reattachable.

      Regards,
      Jake
      -g-- Hung Vu <hungvu2000@...> wrote:
      > From Bruno's original patent text:
      >
      > " Finally, the struts can be linked together,
      > requiring only one
      > inflating orifice, or seperated, in which case
      > several orifices are
      > required."
      >
      > If not then all 2004-2005 LEIs should have "One
      > Pump" as that definitely
      > reduces set up time and very very useful on snow
      > when it's below -5C.

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10, 2003
        Hi George
        I was sceptical about the SS one pump until I saw one, the connectors are easily removed and can be individually blocked off.
        The LE bladder removes like any other kite, it is a very smart design, as the baldder cannot be inserted with a twist, and cannot develop a twist.
        The way the struts attach to the sail is unique too, and will definately improve flight characteristics, watch the other big names follow some of the ideas in this design!
        There is no way you can blow up an ordinary kite as fast as the one pump, regardless of having an electric pump.
        www.kitepower.com.au

        -g-- Hung Vu <hungvu2000@...> wrote:
        > From Bruno's original patent text:
        >
        > " Finally, the struts can be linked together,
        > requiring only one
        > inflating orifice, or seperated, in which case
        > several orifices are
        > required."
        >
        > If not then all 2004-2005 LEIs should have "One
        > Pump" as that definitely
        > reduces set up time and very very useful on snow
        > when it's below -5C.

        http://shopping.yahoo.com

        This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
        http://www.nod32.com

      • George Sarris
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 12, 2003
          Steve,
          Sounds like it has all the qualities that are needed.
          It appears that some good thought was put into
          developing the "One Pump". In particular, I
          appreciate that the leading edge bladder cannot be
          inserted with a twist or cannot develop one and that
          it appears that the struts can be isolated. You've
          convinced me it is a sound design and probably worth
          patenting. I have not seen the "One Pump". Are they
          one the market yet? Or is Bruno waiting for his
          patent?

          Regards,
          George

          --- "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@...>

          http://shopping.yahoo.com
        • Kite Power (Sydney)
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 13, 2003
            HI George
            Been a little busy, the new SS kites with one pump are on the market, I think it is only the Fuel 2004 model that has it at this stage.
            I do not know whether it would be patentable, I am not really very familiar with patent process.
            I doubt that Bruno could get anything from SS for this idea.
            They will be available soon from our Geelong store.
            www.kitepower.com.au

            wrote:
            > Hi George
            > I was sceptical about the SS one pump until I saw
            > one, the connectors are easily removed and can be
            > individually blocked off.
            > The LE bladder removes like any other kite, it is a
            > very smart design, as the baldder cannot be inserted
            > with a twist, and cannot develop a twist.
            > The way the struts attach to the sail is unique too,
            > and will definately improve flight characteristics,
            > watch the other big names follow some of the ideas
            > in this design!
            > There is no way you can blow up an ordinary kite as
            > fast as the one pump, regardless of having an
            > electric pump.
            > Cya and
            > Goodwinds
            > Steve McCormack
            > www.kitepower.com.au

          • Steve Warner
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 14, 2003
              Perhaps if you can't get it patented you can still
              sell the idea to someone!

              S..
              --- "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@...>
              ---------------------------------

              wrote:
              > Hi George
              > I was sceptical about the SS one pump until I saw
              > one, the connectors are easily removed and can be
              > individually blocked off.
              > The LE bladder removes like any other kite, it is
              > very smart design, as the baldder cannot be
              inserted
              > with a twist, and cannot develop a twist.
              > The way the struts attach to the sail is unique
              too,
              > and will definately improve flight
              characteristics,
              > watch the other big names follow some of the ideas
              > in this design!
              > There is no way you can blow up an ordinary kite
              as
              > fast as the one pump, regardless of having an
              > electric pump.
              > Cya and
              > Goodwinds
              > Steve McCormack
              > www.kitepower.com.au

              Yahoo!
              > Terms of Service.

              > removed]

              The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product
              search
              http://shopping.yahoo.com

              answers
              to the most frequently asked questions.