Re: [ksurfschool] Snowkiting and foils to use

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2003
      Slingshot make great kitesurfing kites, but their land based foils are pretty ordinary compared to foil kites from more experienced manufacturers. Some of the best I have tried are from Flexifoil, Ozone and Peter Lynn.
      All the SS foils are 2 line, you really want and need 4 line for best performance and safety on land/snow, or water.
      www.kitepower.com.au

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2003
        The Peter Lynn C-Quads are great on snow. I use them with handles
        and a backstrap. Great performance and very powerful. Easy
        relaunch, easy to kill power since they lay flat on the surface,might
        require a little more in the way of kite flying skills, but well
        worth it. I also think they are less expensive than some of the
        other options. I'm 200 lb and ski with a 4.2 and 2.2. There are
        some very light wind days when a 6.3 would be useful but if the wind
        is that light, I'm better off doing something else. I generally ski
        on frozen lakes which pack down to a faster surface so you might want
        a little more power in the deep stuff.

        Service.

      • fernmanus
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 22, 2003
          Last winter, I used Ozone foils almost exclusively. The Ozone has a
          great depower system that is similar to an LEI. It is an open cell
          kite so inflation is immediate. It flies great on a bar and is very
          stable.

          Kenny
          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power (Sydney)"
          <sydney@k...> wrote:
          > Slingshot make great kitesurfing kites, but their land based foils
          are pretty ordinary compared to foil kites from more experienced
          manufacturers. Some of the best I have tried are from Flexifoil,
          Ozone and Peter Lynn.
          > All the SS foils are 2 line, you really want and need 4 line for
          best performance and safety on land/snow, or water.
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > www.kitepower.com.au

          Service.

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          unsubscribe@egroups.com
          subscribe@egroups.com

          Service.

          > This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System.
          > http://www.nod32.com

        • Kite Power (Sydney)
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 22, 2003
            Ozone Frenzys are awesome kites for land water and snow use, provided that on water you are prepared for a kite that wil most likley not re-launch.
            www.kitepower.com.au

            <sydney@k...> wrote:
            > Slingshot make great kitesurfing kites, but their land based foils
            are pretty ordinary compared to foil kites from more experienced
            manufacturers. Some of the best I have tried are from Flexifoil,
            Ozone and Peter Lynn.
            > All the SS foils are 2 line, you really want and need 4 line for
            best performance and safety on land/snow, or water.
            > Cya and
            > Goodwinds
            > Steve McCormack
            > www.kitepower.com.au