Is this what you want?

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2003
      I tried out one of my "not so secret projects anymore" today and it is
      probably possible.

      I was hooked in to the chicken loop and flew the LEI kite normally (most
      of the load was on the chicken loop, very little bar load).

      When I fully sheet out/in (arms fully extended or compressed), the kite
      behaved as it normally would.

      However, when I let go of the bar (this is a very long chicken loop
      line), the kite depowered drastically and very slowly slowly slowly
      turned to the left (or right) and slowly slowly slowly dropped down to
      the left (or right) wind window (with little pull while doing all that).

      If I wanted, I didn't have to have any safety leash, the chicken loop
      WAS my safety leash.

      Is this what you want?

      Hung.
    • George Sarris
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2003
        I would like such a depower system. It would aid me
        particularly as I normally have to self-launch and
        self-land my 21.5 BT as there is rarely any kiters out
        where I fly and I am pretty much a loner.

        Regards,
        Jake

        http://shopping.yahoo.com