[Fwd: kiteboarding will continue]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2003
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: kiteboarding will continue
      Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 06:43:37 -0800
      From: Martin Kirk/Kiteboarding School of Maui <martin@...>
      To: martin kirk <martin@...>

      We are definitely pleased that FAA intends to keep the waiver active.
      Kiteboarding is an incredible sport that all ages are enjoying. We
      recently conducted our 4th annual kids' kite event for Big Brothers and
      Big Sisters of Maui in August and will be holding a kids' kite clinic at
      the start of Red Bull/King of the Air on Sunday. We even have a program
      with a high school whereby the students get credit for taking lessons
      and learning the sport. The youth programs we've developed around the
      sport will now be able to continue and for this we are very happy! HKA
      appreciates the positive support that we have received from the
      community and we look forward to many years of growth in the sport.
      We do appreciate the efforts and support from Hawaii Kiteboarding
      Association members and hope we can begin to build an organization that
      all riders feel to have a voice and stake in and one in which
      all kiteboarders will be motivated to assist in our FAA required,
      self-policing efforts.

      Riders unaware of the FAA no-fly zone showing up to "Euro" beach in
      Spreckelsville will now find "Restricted Airspace" signs educating them
      about this area. HKA has also hired off-duty lifeguards to patrol on
      jet ski the northshore beaches during the Red Bull event for added
      enforcement. We continue to encourage friends to join HKA and actively
      participate in this organization.
      Mahalo,
      HKA Maui