Re: Are we heading for troubles? (back to Texas rider)

  • windrider1212
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
      Ian,

      I'm in McKinney, Texas and mainly sail on Lake Lavon which is about 25
      minutes from my house.

      I am not familiar with any the lakes between here and Houston. Most
      of the lakes in East and Southeast Texas are better for fishing, not
      kiteboarding.

      You would have better luck getting some good wind in Corpus. It's a
      little far to go for a day, but would be a great weekend trip.

      Keith
    • hungvuatnetcomdotca
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "windrider1212" <kmeder@c...> wrote:
        > Since the manufacturers have gone about as far as they can on making
        > the smallest board and biggest kite. I wouldn't be surprised if the
        > next trend isn't trying to ride a smaller kite and a bigger board,
        > they can call it "old school kiteboarding."

        Interesting thought.

        Big boards will definitely be trendy in light wind but I am not sure
        that they will be trendy in moderate to strong wind.

        Unless we have enough serious accidents to scare enough people...

        Hung.
      • George Sarris
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2003
          If the kitesurfing technology follows what has
          happened in windsurfing we will see both bigger boards
          and bigger kites that have enormous wind range and
          prices to match.

          Jake
          "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a
          frontal lobotomy".

          http://shopping.yahoo.com