Re: Are we heading for troubles? (back to Texas rider)

  • Ian Horne
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
      Keith,

      Where abouts in Texas do you live? I am down in Houston and I am
      looking for a few lakes up north to ride. I have sorta checked out
      lake Conroe, and I am also looking to the lake in Point Blank.. are
      you familure with those? I am just looking for somewhere other than
      the texas city levy to ride... get back to me please, either through
      this forum, or via an email Ichorne@... Thanks man.

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "windrider1212" <kmeder@c...>
      wrote:

      >... I kite on inland lakes in Texas....
      >
      > Keith
    • windrider1212
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
        Ian,

        I'm in McKinney, Texas and mainly sail on Lake Lavon which is about 25
        minutes from my house.

        I am not familiar with any the lakes between here and Houston. Most
        of the lakes in East and Southeast Texas are better for fishing, not
        kiteboarding.

        You would have better luck getting some good wind in Corpus. It's a
        little far to go for a day, but would be a great weekend trip.

        Keith
      • hungvuatnetcomdotca
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "windrider1212" <kmeder@c...> wrote:
          > Since the manufacturers have gone about as far as they can on making
          > the smallest board and biggest kite. I wouldn't be surprised if the
          > next trend isn't trying to ride a smaller kite and a bigger board,
          > they can call it "old school kiteboarding."

          Interesting thought.

          Big boards will definitely be trendy in light wind but I am not sure
          that they will be trendy in moderate to strong wind.

          Unless we have enough serious accidents to scare enough people...

          Hung.
        • George Sarris
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2003
            If the kitesurfing technology follows what has
            happened in windsurfing we will see both bigger boards
            and bigger kites that have enormous wind range and
            prices to match.

            Jake
            "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a
            frontal lobotomy".

            http://shopping.yahoo.com