Re: [ksurfschool] trainer kites with handles

  • p
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2003
      Scott, making a mountainboard is pretty easy. Search the net for 'mountainboard trucks' and wheels, making the deck is fairly simple, I used an old snowboard - see hung's site. Bindings are a must, can be made easily but a bad design will cost you - make sure you can get your feet out easily

      Starting out with wrist straps (as opposed to four line 'handles') has the obvious disadvantage that you will experience some difficulty getting your hands out of them *when* you fall over on the board. I would consider making something up that is easier to let go off - maybe something like a 5" wooden peg with the line attached to the middle. Also be cautious of runaway kites (o;

      fyi, a 4M foil on land is a good kite to start with but I wouldnt call it a trainer as it's going to pull in a decent wind. What make is it?

      waynehkd <waynehkd@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I am thinking about getting into land boarding with a 4 meter trainer
      kite. The kite I am looking at does not come with a bar but instead
      has the wrist straps. Is there any dangers I should be aware of with
      the wrist straps? Are bars safer?

      Also has anyone made there own dirt board they use with a kite? I am
      interested in making my own. Any help would be great. Thanks

      Scott

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT