Comfortable stance

  • stuartdbenson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2003
      As an intermediate kitesurfer I have just changed from a F-one 178
      TT to a Cabrinha Vari 138.

      Problem I now "feel" is that my weight is too far to the back foot.
      If I weight the front foot more, I feel more control and more able
      to handle speed comfortably. However, I struggle to get my weight
      more balanced.

      I tried to experiment and felt perhaps that pulling the kite bar
      backwards a little (ie towards my rear hip) helped me to get my
      weight more balanced; but I appreciate that this might be one bad
      thing compensating for another.

      I never felt this with the F-one, possibly because there is so much
      rail and the rails are so sharp on that board. Also, I don't feel it
      with the Vari unless I am getting towards being fully powered or
      overpowered.

      Any experts out there who can help? Or is the simple answer to take
      a lesson or two from an expert (by the way I am not self taught, but
      it is a long time since I took any lessons)