Re: Controversal self-learning matter

  • adnan_soysal
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 22, 2003
      I am a leraner and have started to enjoy riding ( carefully)...
      You can certainly do learn a lot yourself...
      But, I think someone, as a proper instructor, passing the important
      messages to you makes more impact and effect on you..

      For example watching these BOOST videos.
      I really don get these guys..
      They are riding next to rocks, next to beach..
      I have even seen videos, riders coimg from sea, jumoping on rocks,
      adn oing back to sea..

      what is this?
      total ignorance of the safety..
      of yourself and others
      plus making a propaganda of how safe and how easy whole thing is..

      I totaly disagree..
      may be I am just a beginner and overconcerned..

      Adnan

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power (Sydney)"
      <sydney@k...> wrote:
      > Like the young fellow in Queensland last week who apparently was
      offered a lesson but refused and then managed to kill himself?
      > Please do not promote self learning Hung, is it not good advice
      from someone like you, and it will not be good for the future of this
      sport.
      > To me it is like saying to a young person interested in doing
      competitive driving, to go and get an F-one car and go out by
      themselves, could be done in rare cases, but in most it will end in
      carnage!
      > Kitesurfing is the F-one of kite sports.
      > Cya and
      > Goodwinds
      > Steve McCormack
      > www.kitepower.com.au

      intermediate/advance
      > kitesurfers (the chicken loop probably has some influence here).
      >
      > It is preferable that beginners taking lessons but taking lesson
      may not
      > be mandatory in kitesurfing as those who determine to self-learn
      may
      > probably be more cautious and less accident prone then the others.
      >
      > Hung.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      unsubscribe@egroups.com
      subscribe@egroups.com