Re: [ksurfschool] Digest Number 949

  • Chris Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2003
      Cal,

      I would highly suggest that you get a trainer kite. Purchase a larger
      "trainer kite/power kite" and you will be able to use that same kite on land
      for landboarding and snow kiting. Practice with the kite and do some very
      specific exercises with the kite such as simulated water starts and run with
      the kite while steering the kite to simulate board movement. I would be
      more than glad to help guide you through these exercises. I have been
      teaching kiteboarding for the past 3.5 years now and my students who use the
      trainer kite learn more quickly, have more fun, and are much more safe.

      Imagine the kite flying like driving the boat is to wakeboarding. The kite
      is your power source and you need to be able to understand how to regulate
      the power. The different dives of the kite are the throttle and you can
      learn and understand this through a trainer kite.

      I still suggest that you take a lesson.

      I would sugges the Bullet 3.5 kite since you can reverse launch it and it
      would work really good for land traction.

      Chris Mooore
      chris@...
      www.4kiteboarding.com

      Kite Surfing Instructor