Re: [ksurfschool] Hello Kitesurfers

  • Steve Thorpe
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2000
      Dana wrote:

      > I've never felt the need to
      > get involved in such a high tech, extreme sport before, but
      > kitesurfing has gotten under my skin very quickly. Since I'm only 28
      > I figure I still have at least 2 good athletic years left ;)
      >
      > Another future adrenaline junkie,

      I know what you mean about it getting under your skin. But hey -
      enough with the "..two good athletic years left"! ... I'm just taking up
      this crazy sport at the age of 47. ( I've been learning the subtleties
      of my recently acquired Seasmik Alpha 7.2 on dry land for a couple
      of weeks now and my board arrived yesterday - Time to get wet! )

      Steve
    • Rob Scott
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15, 2000
        Hey Steve, I agree I'm 41 and been dragging around behind my wipika 8.5 for
        a week now so I'm sure Dana has many good years left!
        ps Dana come up to Victoria and watch some of the people off Dallas road its
        inspiring.
        Rob
        > > get involved in such a high tech, extreme sport before, but
        > > kitesurfing has gotten under my skin very quickly. Since I'm only 28
        > > I figure I still have at least 2 good athletic years left ;)
        > >
        > > Another future adrenaline junkie,
        > >

        > I know what you mean about it getting under your skin. But hey -
        > enough with the "..two good athletic years left"! ... I'm just taking up
        > this crazy sport at the age of 47. ( I've been learning the subtleties
        > of my recently acquired Seasmik Alpha 7.2 on dry land for a couple
        > of weeks now and my board arrived yesterday - Time to get wet! )
        >
        > Steve

      • Tom Rolf
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15, 2000
          Hey, at 59 this is the most fun I can remember (Alzheimer's). But if I only
          have five more good year kitesurfing, I'm going to be pissed.... I do not
          find this that difficult at 59, but I may never do an inverted 360....
          Technique, let the kite do the athlete moves.
          Rigbig

        • arwebwind@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 15, 2000
            You go , DANA
          • Guido Pirard
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 16, 2000
              hello,
              for me , it's the same here.
              I have little or no experience, but I am really getting the hang of the
              kiting too.
              i'm living in Belgium , and my winds are here very still,
              my solution is to go too de Belgium sea, there is wind.
              so good luke in you're learning process, and gd winds to you.

              Vriendelijk groeten ( greetings ),
              Guido Pirard
              http://users.pandora.be/guido.pirard