Re: [ksurfschool] Relaunch in strong wind

  • Dave Raue
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2000
      I've had the exact same problem and was told the same solution - pull way in
      on the center lines and let go, then the kite will flip on its back and you
      can work it to the edge of the window. But I haven't tested it, haven't
      crashed since then...

      -D
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2000
        D,

        We are talking about two different problems.

        You described how to get the kite to flip over when the leading edge in
        laying on the water. Pulling on the center leader line will do the trick.

        I described how to get the kite to relaunch in very strong winds when the
        kite forms the "corkscrew" shape and the upper edge dips into the water and
        stays there.

        Glad to hear that you don't need to water relaunch often. You must have
        fairly steady wind, lucky you! I have only had a couple sessions with steady
        wind, but I still managed to crash the kite jumping.

        Kenny